Attorney Information and Training Opportunities
We provide support and training opportunities that allow you to volunteer your services to low-income families in civil legal cases.
If you would like to volunteer on a family law case and are concerned because this is not your primary area of practice, Heartland can match you with attorneys who primarily practice in family law who can serve as a mentor to help you with common questions related to family law. Click here to volunteer.
Basics of Family Law: Finishing the Divorce and Post-Dissolution Issues
Come learn how you can help unrepresented litigants, the Marion County Courts, and your own practice through this FREE CLE from the Heartland Pro Bono Council!
The third seminar in our Basics of Family Law series will cover what it takes to finish your client's divorce, including getting through the final hearing, drafting the order, and drafting the settlement agreement, as well as dealing with issues that come up after the divorce has been finalized. You will also receive access to helpful forms and checklists to get you started. Plus, if you were at both February and May CLE's, there is a special deal for you!
- When: Monday, September 29, 2014 from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM (EDT)
- Where:151 N. Delaware Street (the “Gold Building”), 7th floor conference center, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Indiana CLE Credit: 2 hours NAC (including .5 hour ethics) (CLE application pending)
- Cost: FREE with agreement to take 1 pro bono family law referral from Heartland Pro Bono ($50 without agreement to take pro bono referral)
** BONUS: 3 for 2! ** If you attended both the February and May Family Law CLEs and have taken (or agreed to accept) 2 case referrals, you are invited to attend this CLE with no obligation whatsoever!
Already know the basics? Then tell someone – particularly new attorneys looking for experience – who might be interested in FREE CLE about family law!
- This CLE is only for licensed attorneys and those that sat for the July, 2014 Indiana bar exam.
- Lunch will not be provided. Feel free to bring your own, or pick something up from one of the many nearby shops or vendors! Bottled water will be available.
- Magistrate Kimberly D. Mattingly, J.D. Magistrate, Marion Superior Courts
- Elisabeth Edwards, J.D.; Partner, Wanzer Edwards, LLP
- Megan Wells, J.D., Duffin & Hash, LLP
- Judie Hawley Conley, J.D.; Law Offices of Conley & Associates
- Dana L. Luetzelschwab, J.D., Executive Director, Heartland Pro Bono Council, Inc.
Basics of Family Law: Domestic Violence
- When: October, 2014 (date TBD)
- CLE Credit: TBD
- Where: TBD
This Family Law CLE Series is offered by the Heartland Pro Bono Council and the Marion County Superior Courts as part of the 2014 Marion County Pro Bono Clerkship in Family Law.